The next day was worse. I made my way to the couch and stayed there the whole day. My nana was babysitting while my mum and her partner went out for a meal. When they returned three hours later they tried to get me to bed and it was agonising trying to move. My mum called NHS24 and I ended up being bundled into an ambulance and taken to hospital, which wasn’t my ideal way of spending Valentine’s Day!
I was diagnosed with viral meningitis. My mother texted my nan and stepfather the news and accidentally told them I had bacterial meningitis, putting them into a furious panic.
I got home at 1.30am and had some toast and had some medication. The next day wasn’t any better either – my head still reeling and my throat much worse.
I couldn't audition at my stage school for a part I really wanted which was disappointing, but I think myself lucky that I survived meningitis.
It lasted for only a week but I can honestly say that was the worst seven days of my life. I wouldn't wish meningitis on my worst enemy.