I took him up to bed with me at 11.05pm. He woke at 3am asking for water; I gave him a drink then saw a shadow on his torso so I turned on the light and saw the rash. I have never seen anything like it and I knew straight away it was meningitis.
We rang 999 and the ambulance crew thought it could be an allergic reaction, but two miles into the journey they put the boot down as Leo started to go unconscious.
Craigavon Hospital managed to bring him round with drips and fluid and he asked for a purple Fruit Shoot and his favourite Spiderman sweeties. He talked a bit to the doctors before they put him in a drug induced coma. It was then confirmed to be meningococcal septicaemia.
At 10am he was transferred to the Royal Victoria for Sick Children PICU. He started to breathe against the machines so they paralsyed him early evening of the 24th.