DOE + pension + 24.5 days A/LLocation:
Dublin Reporting to:
Ireland Manager and working with the Corporate team in the UK.
This role is focused on developing corporate fundraising income by identifying Trust and Major Donor fundraising sources, writing compelling and engaging applications, providing feedback to funders and maintain updated information in the database.
This role requires previous fundraising experience along with excellent communication skills and the ability to be creative , proactive and committed to the organisation’s values.About the candidate
The ideal candidate will be a natural fundraiser and should have contacts in the corporate sector.
To succeed, you will be comfortable and experienced in business relations and negotiations through face to face presentations,meetings and networking. You should be able to demonstrate knowledge and practice of fundraising techniques such as employee fundraising, corporate sponsorship, corporate donations and gifts in kind.
You must be able to manage and proritise a busy workload and be able to work methodically.
You will bring real energy and drive to a role that also requires high levels of attention to detail, political astuteness and ability to work flexibly to suit the role.Core purpose of role
To enable MRF to achieve its goals through high quality corporate fundraising.Qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of successful proposal writing in a non-profit or commercial environment
- Experience as a fundraiser, marketer or in a related field with relevant transferable skills
- Understanding of the corporate sector in Ireland
- A good understanding of marketing and PR
- Develop and manage relationships with corporate, business, and related high net worth relationships through communications, events, and other activities; work proactively and flexibly to support specific relationships on a daily basis (for example ongoing charity of the year projects)
- Work proactively within the charity to identify corporate fundraising opportunities and prioritise potential new donors
- Seek grants and donations through dialogue and proposal writing, create appropriate bids and campaigns, working to an agreed programme of regular activity
- Attend appropriate events and face-to-face meeting in order to better understand projects and funders, to develop relationships, and to present the work of the charity. Represent the foundation in a professional, confident, and client focused manner.
- Seek to improve the quality and performance of this area of work through creativity, clear rationale, and excellent team working and influencing with colleagues
- Duties to be carried out in consultation with Ireland Manager, and in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Trustees, to agreed targets, plans and budgets.
If you wish to apply please send the completed application for with your CV to: email@example.com
by 5pm Tuesday, 28th February
Download the job pack