MRF has linked up with justgiving.com to provide you with an easy and effective way to collect sponsors and raise money for the Foundation.
It takes just five minutes to set up your own web page at justgiving.com, even if you're not a web expert. Just log on to www.justgiving.com/mrf/raisemoney and follow the instructions to build your page. Once your page is complete you can email the page's address to family, friends and colleagues, they can then click on the link and donate online with a credit / debit card or via paypal.
Advantages of setting up your page include:
- It's quick and easy
- You can make the page personal by, for instance, including your photo and updating the page as your fundraising progresses.
- Forgetting about the hassle of cash and cheques - the money is automatically transferred securely to us each week.
- It's available to all so you could be raising money from people you've never met
- Each time someone sponsors you, they receive a thank you message from you automatically. You can also choose to be notified by email of each donation.
- You can access a page which gives you a breakdown of the money you raise through your page.
It couldn't be easier, but don't just take our word for it, here are what some of our supporters had to say:
"The site has allowed me to collect hundreds of pounds with minimal effort on my behalf" - Graham Burns, London Marathon runner
"Setting up a webpage for my sponsored run was easy. It saved lots of time and effort and helped me raise more money than I ever could have hoped for" - Debbie Slater, Great North Run
And to see how it all works, here is a selection of supporters who are already using justgiving.