Gift Aid Declaration
If you choose to Gift Aid your donation, Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF) will receive an additional 25p at no extra cost to you.
In accepting this declaration you authorise MRF to claim Gift Aid on this donation, all future eligible donations and any donation made in the last 4 years.
To qualify for Gift Aid, you must have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.*
- You can cancel this Declaration at any time by notifying the charity
- If your circumstances change and you no longer pay enough income or capital gains tax to cover the amount claimed
by the charity, you can cancel your declaration
- If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief via your Self Assessment tax return**
- Please notify MRF if you change your name or address
* Gift Aid is linked to basic rate tax. Basic rate tax is currently 20%, which allows charities to reclaim 25 pence on the pound.
** Higher rate taxpayers can claim back the difference between basic rate and higher rate tax.