MRF is committed to safeguarding; any advertised role will require references and confirmation of your identity will be undertaken. Specific roles will state if there is a requirement for further checks.
All information supplied will be treated confidentially and at all times your information will be treated in accordance with our non-contractual Privacy Notice which may be varied from time to time - Read current MRF Non-contractual Privacy Notice.
Return to Jobs home
CoMO Communications and Administrative Assistant
Salary: £20,000 per annum, pro rata
Location: Flexible location, either head office in Bristol or home-based.
Contract type: 10 months Fixed Term, Full Time
- 6% employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave pro rata plus statutory bank holidays
- Employee assistance program in place with free access to confidential, professional legal and health advice
- Cycle to work scheme
Meningitis Research Foundation: We are a leading UK and international charity that aims to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of meningitis and septicaemia (also known as sepsis). It is an exciting time for the charity as we expand our reach and impact to meeting the challenges of meningitis and septicaemia wherever they exist in the world. We are set to play a key role in delivering a new global roadmap to defeat meningitis, alongside major international health organisations, including the World Health Organization.
To maintain CoMO’s communication channels and events and provide administrative support to the Head Office:
- Coordinating internal and external communications tasks, including social media, newsletters and the website, to support the Communications Manager and represent CoMO externally.
- Creating World Meningitis Day and other communications campaigns resources.
- Assisting in the planning of CoMO conferences and other events and workshops.
- To be a key point of contact within the charity for communications and events enquiries.
- Assisting the CoMO team with general administrative tasks.
This role is well suited for a person with excellent IT and organisation skills, a positive and proactive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly. Experience or knowledge of communications techniques is desirable but not essential. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working in the charitable sector, and is happy working within a small team and taking the initiative to work autonomously.
The application process:
All candidates are requested to complete the standard application form. Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates that may previously have, or feel like they have, experienced being excluded from generally advertised roles due to their gender, ethnicity, disability status or sexual orientation. All applications will be reviewed and shortlisting will take place without candidate’s personal details being available to reviewers in order to minimize unintended bias.
The final closing date for completed applications is Midnight 10th January 2022.
Please return application forms via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Becky Miller at Meningitis Research Foundation, 10 Park Street, Bristol, BS1 5HX.
Following receipt of satisfactory references, the successful candidate should be able to start work soon after receiving their offer of employment.