25th Anniversary Walk
Join us to raise funds for our life saving research.
We are marking our 25th anniversary in May 2014 with a 140km walk across the Pennines connecting two landmark buildings in the history of meningitis and septicaemia research - Sheffield Children’s Hospital and the National Meningitis Reference Laboratories in Manchester. Led by our Chief Executive and other senior staff, from the foundation it promises to be an extraordinary and fun event which will also raise vital funds for our research programme.
The walk starts near Sheffield Children’s Hospital and takes us across the beautiful Peak District National Park, following meandering rivers, rolling hills, rocky outcrops, windswept moorland and forests teeming with wildlife. We will pass through many historic towns and villages along the way: Hope, Bamford, Hathersage, Bakewell, Buxton, Castleton, Edale and Glossop – all well known for their hospitality and great places to stop off for refreshments or an evening’s entertainment. The adventure will end with a trip to the National Meningitis Reference Laboratories as we’re guided around our Genome Library project – a world first in medical research.
If you are a keen walker and you’re looking for a challenge, join us for the entire walk. If you’d like a Bank Holiday stroll with your family, join us for a single day. Just make sure you join us.
Registration costs just £10 per person or £25 per family and we hope you can raise as much as you can. The money raised will be put towards life saving work.
Register now to receive your information pack. Adult RegistrationFamily Registration
THE ROUTEDAY ONE
– 23RD MAY 2014 – LITTLE MATLOCK WOOD, SHEFFIELD, TO STRINES RESERVOIR
– 24th MAY 2014 – STRINES RESERVOIR TO HOPE
– 25th MAY 2014 – HOPE TO HATHERSAGE VIA BAMFORD
– 26TH MAY 2014 – HATHERSAGE TO BAKEWELL VIA CHATSWORTH HOUSE
– 27th MAY 2014 – BAKEWELL TO BUXTON VIA THE MONSAL TRAIL
– 28th MAY 2014 – BUXTON TO EDALE VIA THE LIMESTONE WAY
– 29TH MAY 2014 – EDALE TO GLOSSOP VIA THE PENNINE WAY
– 30TH MAY 2014 – RESEARCH SITE VISIT AT THE NATIONAL MENINGITIS RESEARCH LABORATORIES, MANCHESTER