This is a fantastic day, for individuals (0 - 25 years) or families, to get your questions answered by medical specialists, see the latest prosthetics and meet inspirational Paralympians and other people and families who have been affected by this disease.
- After effects of the disease
- Orthopaedic complications
- Prosthetic provision on the NHS
- The new £750,000 fund for children’s activity limbs
- Panel Discussion on Amputation, Prosthetics and body image
Running parallel will be an array of sporting activities for the children led by coaches from SportsAble and Rivermead.
We are also delighted to welcome members of Team GB Wheelchair Rugby who will be running a wheelchair rugby session for children aged 8 and over.
We hope that this will be a fun and informative day for everyone and an opportunity to make some new friends, learn about amputation rehabilitation from experts and from the people who know best – each other.