Back by popular demand - our successful event for people with amputations due to septicaemia and meningitis. It’s a unique opportunity to come together, share experiences and get support and advice from experts.
The day promises to be both fun and informative with sporting activities running alongside talks and workshops about issues specific to amputation as a result of septicaemia and meningitis.
Open to UK patients and their families, a small bursary fund is available to help with travel expenses for those who need it. Contact us before 29 August for details.
- Personal and inspiring stories from Paralympian athletes
- Interactive sessions:
- Learn how to get the best out of NHS prosthetic provision
from an expert panel including consultants in rehabilitation medicine, prosthetists, orthopaedic and plastic surgeons
- Learn new skills and feel more confident as a parent about managing some of the challenges of living with a different
appearance from expert charity Changing Faces
- Presentations about meningococcal disease and its after effects specifically addressing bone, skin and tooth damage
- Prosthetic demonstrations from leading providers
- An opportunity to meet other families and our charity’s staff
Plus a variety of specialist coaching for amputee accessible sports by Access Sport’s Ignite
programme including Football, Sitting volleyball, Boccia, Tennis, Cricket and more.See last year's event
Special thanks to our sponsor Clarke Willmott.LLP