Gift Aid Declaration
If you Gift Aid your donation, MRF will continue to receive an additional 28p. Charities can claim Gift Aid tax relief of 25p on every pound you give. HMRC will also be operating transitional provisions for Gift Aid donations made from 6 April 2008 until 5 April 2011, paying a Government supplement of 3p on every pound you give.
To qualify for Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the appropriate tax year (currently 25p for each £1 given)*.
- You can cancel this Declaration at any time by notifying the charity
- If your circumstances change and you no longer pay enough income or capital gains tax to cover the amount claimed
by the charity, you can cancel your declaration
- If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief via your Self Assessment tax return
(currently 25p for each pound you give)**
- Please notify MRF if you change your name or address
* Gift Aid is linked to basic rate tax. Basic rate tax is currently 20%, which allows charities to reclaim 25 pence on the pound.
** Higher rate taxpayers can claim back the difference between basic rate and higher rate tax.