“The support by other members of the team has been amazing and everyone has an inspiring story to tell. Even before the big day I already feel part of something very special” – Nicky McClure, London Marathon 2017 runner
“I have done other events for other charities but have never been made to feel as part of the team as TeamMRF have done” Donna Brynes, London Marathon 2017 runner
Thank you for your interest in running the 2018 London Marathon in support of Meningitis Research Foundation. Ranked amongst the top marathons worldwide the London Marathon is undoubtedly the highlight of the UK running calendar; a prestigious and unforgettable achievement for new and experienced runners alike – it really is something very special!
If you would like to take part in 2018 please could you complete this application form
for a charity bond place with Meningitis Research Foundation.
All applications will be considered on an individual basis so you are encouraged to complete a detailed fundraising plan. Please note that we do receive more applications for charity bond places than we are able to offer places to. We also strongly encourage you to enter the public ballot, which will increase your chances of gaining a place. If you are accepted in the public ballot, you will have no minimum fundraising target.
We will be accepting applications for our charity bond places until October 2017.
“It has been an amazing experience from the start. Esther is always on the end of the phone or email to help with any worries you may have and advise” - Donna Brynes, London Marathon 2017 runner
For many people running the London Marathon is an experience of a lifetime and we will do all we can to support you in your marathon journey. When you join our team, you will receive:
- Personal support from your dedicated charity contact – here to answer any and every question you will have along the way!
- Technical Meningitis Research Foundation running vest and iron-on name transfer
- Training advice and a full training plan for the event
- Sponsor forms and fundraising information to help you meet and beat your fundraising target
- Regular updates throughout keeping you up to date with all you need to know for the day
We’ll be there to support, thank, congratulate and celebrate with you on the day:
- Cheer Point for friends and family with cheer packs and supporter guide provided ahead of the day
- Free sports massage and prosecco at our post-run reception at a venue minutes from the finish line
- Free shuttle service to the venue for those who can’t manage the walk!