Submit your story
If you would like you to share your experience, please write your story below in approximately 600 words, telling what happened from your personal perspective.
Below are a few pointers to help if you need it, but it’s your story and experience and is very personal to you, so don’t feel there is any right or wrong way to go about it.
We may have to make some editorial changes, but this will be done in full consultation with you to ensure you are happy with what’s being said.
When telling your story, a few ideas and prompts to help:
• Write as if you are telling someone your story
• When it happened and at what age
• Keep it in order of when events occurred
• Start at the very beginning – including if applicable any signs or symptoms or instinctive reactions
• Actions taken (by yourself, family, health professionals)
• The course of events, including any feelings, emotions or thoughts as well as a factual account of what happened
• Afterwards – immediate and more long-term
• Your relationship with the Foundation – including how it came about and what form it has taken
Please could you also send (ideally via email) a head and shoulders picture of the person telling the story (a ‘passport style’ picture with a light background would be perfect), and a second one of any variety of who your story is about, if possible. In some cases this might be the same person if you are telling your own story – but it would still be good to have a second picture.
Please note that we cannot use your story without an accompanying picture.
If you have any problems uploading your story and/or pictures you can send them via email to our communications manager Adrian Robson at email@example.com
You can also address any questions about the Book of Experience to Adrian at the same address.
Fields marked * are mandatory