We didn't realise at the time that all those commercials you see on the TV could become a reality.
It was the worst headache of his life, laying on the kitchen floor. We made the crucial decision that it was time to go to the hospital.
We were told the whole week we were in the hospital that he had viral meningitis, the better type. The test results came back for bacterial meningitis and we were told that if we would have waited another two hours he would have been dead.
We made it through that week with the support of family and friends.
It has been two and a half years and he is now beginning to experience more headaches. He says they are not as bad as that night, but doctors tell us that it is the after math of the disease. They can give him pain medication but there is a possibility that he could live with the debilitating headaches for the rest of his life. He has been brave though.